Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Better Late than Later...... Good News!!

June 23 24 25

Monday Tuesday Wednesday


Well good news. Aleia's test came back negative for the disease on Monday. So they decided it is just a premature bowel issue. So that is good news. Hopefully she will just grow out of it. Once her system gets used to digestion, things should be ok. Tami went down on Monday and she said that Aleia was looking good. She also was eating well still.

So with that news, they decided it was time to send her packing. So Monday they scheduled transfer back to St Joes for Tuesday. SO we called Tuesday morning to see if it was going to happen. No insurance issues this time. She was scheduled to be back in BCS at noon. They were going to fly her again via the jet. Crazy! Well I am hoping I am not paying for those flights. ;)

So she did get transferred and got back to St Joe’s at about 12:30 on Tuesday. It was pretty funny to see all the people we left and they were all “We can’t believe you are back” “ We thought you left for good”. So that is kinda nice that the staff is somewhat glad to see us. I had to leave to go out of town for business about 10 minutes after she got there. But I held her for a bit. It’s a good feeling to know she is close. And now the “long” drive over to St. Joe’s is obviously quite short.

So the next bit of news is that the Dr. at St; Joe’s thinks that Aleia needs to be heading home…..to OUR HOUSE! So that is very exciting and stressful news. Great to know that Aleia is ready. We on the other hand are not. The house is still quite the wreck/construction zone/neglected mess. Its really joyous for me, let me tell you. So she may be coming home amidst a crazy rush to get some work completed and get Ashlynn into her new “Big Girl” room and Aleia into her room. But Ashlynn’s room is really close and I should finish that up this weekend. And Tami has started on Aleia’s room and more specifically, sifting through all of Ashlynn’s old clothes to pick out the keepers. That is a task in itself.

So just a quick note to let folks know the current status. As I mentioned, I was out of town on business for a day and change, so hope no one was too upset about no news. It was all good news in the waiting. More soon after I get some sleep. And I will finally take some time to post some photos.

1 comment:

Georgia Hogan said...

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that we here in the Advising
Office have been peeking in quite regularly on the blog and following
your adventure.

Glad to hear things seem to be settling down a bit -- or at least
getting under one roof for the most part.

We're thinking about ya'll and wish you all the best with the
transition home and such.

Take care,

Harry Hogan

ShareThis