June 14 & 15
Saturday & Sunday
Traveling back and forth to Houston both days. It’s not too bad of a trip as long as you have company and an iPod. So Tami and I enjoyed each others company on the trips both days. We went for a few hours each day. It turns out the back and forth to St. Jo’s in Bryan was not so bad after all. Ha!
Saturday we slept in a bit and I was wavering on whether or not I was going to go or stay at home and work on Ashlynn’s “Big Girl” room. That has been slow moving since Aleia’s little hiccup. So I opted to go with Tami to Houston. Then room will still be there. We were hoping to have it finished for Ashlynn when she came back from her visit away with Gamma. So it would be a surprise. But it will not be finished when he returns. Oh well. Such is Life. So we went to Houston. The hospital got back all of her test results and they were all negative for any type of bacterial infection. Good news! They are still unsure of the cause of her condition last week, but the “bad stuff” has been ruled out. I am not sure if we will ever know what happened. Aleia was doing better and they started “feeding” her. I say that in the quotes because it was only 5cc’s. That is like the tiniest of sips, even for her. So they did that course of bottle feeding her all day on starting at noon on Saturday. She handled it well. Granted you she wanted more, you could just tell. We spent our time there and then left to come home. We stopped off at the new outlet mall on the way home and bought her a few little cute outfits at the Gymboree outlet. Tami and I found a few things too. We tried to find some matching outfits for Ash & Aleia, but had not luck. We thought Ashlynn may enjoy that. We also went to a store near the hospital called Woman’s Work and got a new blanket/wrap for babies and then a few nursing items for Tami. So it was a fairly productive day I suppose. We did come home and do some painting on Ashlynn’s room.
Since Sunday was Father’s Day I was going to see at least one of my children. So we got up and went to Houston again. We had to do a few things around BCS first and hit up the Home Depot (for Ashlynn’s Room) and Sam’s. When we got to TCM there was a huge surprise for us. Aleia was no longer in an isolette and was in a big girl crib. She was completely on her own. No IV and no temperature regulation. It was so great. This was the first time since birth that she has had nothing sticking in her body. No feeding tubes, no IVs…Nothing!! It was so great to see her like that. She is so pretty. And she if filling out a bit so she looks like a “real” baby as Tami and I would say. We sat around and held her for a long time today. I did for sure. It was nice. They also upped her feedings to 35cc, which is still not what she was used to before, but making progress. I spoke with her doctor a bit today about what his opinion was on her episode and he stated it could have been viral,(they did not test for that) or she could have simply had a bad day. So still no real news as to the reasons, but he assured us we should not be worried about it. I should not happen again and she was progressing quite well. So onward we go. It was a nice day today to be there with her. Tami and I both miss Ashlynn and are ready for her to be back, but this has been easier with her away visiting. But it has been long enough for us both. I missed her on Father’s Day. She did call me this morning. Too funny. She told me Happy Fathers Day! and then told me she was going to go swimming and that “I was going to really love her new haircut.” She got a trim while at Gamma’s. Also she had made me a gift at school before she left last week. I had to look under an ottoman in the living room to find it. That is her place to hide presents it seems. It was a cute little poem with her actual footprints inked on it. And then she could be heard rattling on as she walked away from the phone talking with her cousin Jack. So that was a nice little chat.
So after the hospital, Tami and I went to have dinner. After that we came home and got lots of painting done. So all in all it was a pretty productive day.
A few photos of over the past week or so…………..
Saturday & Sunday
Traveling back and forth to Houston both days. It’s not too bad of a trip as long as you have company and an iPod. So Tami and I enjoyed each others company on the trips both days. We went for a few hours each day. It turns out the back and forth to St. Jo’s in Bryan was not so bad after all. Ha!
Saturday we slept in a bit and I was wavering on whether or not I was going to go or stay at home and work on Ashlynn’s “Big Girl” room. That has been slow moving since Aleia’s little hiccup. So I opted to go with Tami to Houston. Then room will still be there. We were hoping to have it finished for Ashlynn when she came back from her visit away with Gamma. So it would be a surprise. But it will not be finished when he returns. Oh well. Such is Life. So we went to Houston. The hospital got back all of her test results and they were all negative for any type of bacterial infection. Good news! They are still unsure of the cause of her condition last week, but the “bad stuff” has been ruled out. I am not sure if we will ever know what happened. Aleia was doing better and they started “feeding” her. I say that in the quotes because it was only 5cc’s. That is like the tiniest of sips, even for her. So they did that course of bottle feeding her all day on starting at noon on Saturday. She handled it well. Granted you she wanted more, you could just tell. We spent our time there and then left to come home. We stopped off at the new outlet mall on the way home and bought her a few little cute outfits at the Gymboree outlet. Tami and I found a few things too. We tried to find some matching outfits for Ash & Aleia, but had not luck. We thought Ashlynn may enjoy that. We also went to a store near the hospital called Woman’s Work and got a new blanket/wrap for babies and then a few nursing items for Tami. So it was a fairly productive day I suppose. We did come home and do some painting on Ashlynn’s room.
Since Sunday was Father’s Day I was going to see at least one of my children. So we got up and went to Houston again. We had to do a few things around BCS first and hit up the Home Depot (for Ashlynn’s Room) and Sam’s. When we got to TCM there was a huge surprise for us. Aleia was no longer in an isolette and was in a big girl crib. She was completely on her own. No IV and no temperature regulation. It was so great. This was the first time since birth that she has had nothing sticking in her body. No feeding tubes, no IVs…Nothing!! It was so great to see her like that. She is so pretty. And she if filling out a bit so she looks like a “real” baby as Tami and I would say. We sat around and held her for a long time today. I did for sure. It was nice. They also upped her feedings to 35cc, which is still not what she was used to before, but making progress. I spoke with her doctor a bit today about what his opinion was on her episode and he stated it could have been viral,(they did not test for that) or she could have simply had a bad day. So still no real news as to the reasons, but he assured us we should not be worried about it. I should not happen again and she was progressing quite well. So onward we go. It was a nice day today to be there with her. Tami and I both miss Ashlynn and are ready for her to be back, but this has been easier with her away visiting. But it has been long enough for us both. I missed her on Father’s Day. She did call me this morning. Too funny. She told me Happy Fathers Day! and then told me she was going to go swimming and that “I was going to really love her new haircut.” She got a trim while at Gamma’s. Also she had made me a gift at school before she left last week. I had to look under an ottoman in the living room to find it. That is her place to hide presents it seems. It was a cute little poem with her actual footprints inked on it. And then she could be heard rattling on as she walked away from the phone talking with her cousin Jack. So that was a nice little chat.
So after the hospital, Tami and I went to have dinner. After that we came home and got lots of painting done. So all in all it was a pretty productive day.
A few photos of over the past week or so…………..

No comments:
Post a Comment