Saturday, June 7, 2008

Whole Milk

Hi, All! It's me, Tami. I'm finally feeling better and can contribute to the blog. BTW, Andrew has done an amazing job keeping everyone updated on our family's journey. Now it's my turn to tell a funny Ashlynn story....

So a big part of my job as Mommy to Aleia is pumping breast milk to take to the hospital. The first time Ashlynn came in and saw me pumping, she was full of questions: what are you doing? why? why does is go "ssshhhhh, ssshhhhh"? (Imagine Ash making a sucking noise.) =) A few days later, she brought her doll in to see me pump and she explained everything to the doll. Too cute. =)

Last week, Ash came in after I was done pumping and putting the milk in the freezer bags. I was busy writing the date/time on the labels when I heard her spitting. She had put her mouth on the pumping bottles and licked off some of the milk. Here's our dialogue:

Ash: That's yuck!

Tami: What are you doing? Don't spit in the milk!

Ash: Is this whole milk?

Tami: No. It's breast milk. It's for baby Aleia. Breast milk is just for babies.

Ash: Good. I don't want any. It's yuck.

Luckily, I was preoccupied and didn't start laughing at her. She's gotten a little sensitive about us laughing at her when she says something funny. It wasn't until I finally remembered to tell Andrew and my mom about it that I laughed. Now it's an ongoing joke...."Is this whole milk?"

1 comment:

Nick said...

that made my day.

p.s. I'VE GOT A PIG!

ShareThis