Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Been a Long Time....but a Good Time

June 26 to July 8th

Lots of days here


Well ok It’s has been quite a while since I last updated. So here is the long winded break down.

Aleia came home from St Jo’s on Friday June 27th. Exactly 5 weeks after her birth. She weighed in at 4 lbs 14 oz on her day of departure. So it was good. Tami, Ashlynn and I went to the hospital together to bring her home. Ashlynn was very excited. It was a good thing for our little family. The staff sent us home with some medication and instructions for her bloated tummy. She still gets some help with that. Also we have to give her some vitamins everyday to help her also. We had a scheduled Doctors appointment with our pediatrician on that following Tuesday. (July 1st) At that time she weighed in at 5lbs 2 oz. So that was good news. She is over the 5 pound mark. Yeah!

So since she has been home its been a pretty almost normal new baby time at home. She has been doing pretty well and Tami is almost always tired. So it sounds about normal for a new baby. I think we still watch her closer than we would have if the situation was different. But she is just moving right along as far as we can tell. Tami had a doctor’s appointment in there somewhere and she is still anemic due to her blood loss. So she is still taking lots of iron pills.

Ashlynn’s room is about 90% done. Only minor things left in there really. It was completed for the most part the weekend Aleia came home. Tami’s brother came down to help me put in the flooring and finish up the major work. We have tired to get Ashlynn to sleep in there but she is still a little hesitant. She LOVES it during the day, but once it gets time for bed, she is a little nerved about sleeping in a new place and a new bed. So we will try to ease her into it for a while. Hopefully it will not take too long. I will put up some photos of this once it’s all completed. Tami and I think it’s turning out to be pretty cute/cool.

Over the 4th of July weekend I started the work on Aleia’s room. Tami’s dad came into town and helped me with the flooring in that room. Not much else to do in there really, but we do still have a few finishing touches to put on that also before Aleia gets to move in there. Right now she has a make shift bedroom in our study.
This is a good thing since it’s closer to our bedroom so those late night walks are not too far. Granted the living room is pretty messy due to the “renovations” so it’s still a challenge in the black of night. I have taken to servicing the midnight shift, so that Tami can get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. She then takes on the 3-4-ish feeding so that I can get some uninterrupted sleep also. So the nights are full for us both. But I am much better at the lack of sleep and late night functioning than Tami. It’s just been the years of practice for me, so I don’t mind it at all.

All in all things are going well and progressing at an acceptable pace. Tami is trying to enjoy the time she has until she has to go back to work. It has been hard to manage the situation when the majority of your maternity leave is spent with your new baby in the hospital and not at home with you. She is trying to soak up and relish in the time she has left. Just my opinion here, but for such a large entity, Texas A&M has a pretty poor maternity leave arrangement. Right now, Tami is taking unpaid leave to be able to be home with Aleia. Granted that is by choice, but still, it seems that there should have been some consideration for the situation. Ok I am done. (for now)

I have put a vast array of photos from the past 2 weeks below. Captioned for your viewing pleasure…….


Well maybe not today. I have been having trouble getting any of the photos to upload. I will try again tomorrw.............sorry.

No comments:

ShareThis