Monday, July 28, 2008

Reflux?

Well, the trip to Temple was mostly a waste of time. Our appointment was at 1, and we finally saw the doctor at 2. He was in for about 5 mins, asked a bunch of questions, and said he doesn't know what the problem is. At least there wasn't a hospital stay to determine that the doctor doesn't know why her belly keeps blowing up. He did give us a Rx for reflux. He doesn't think it will help with the bloating, but it may help her with the nasty burps and spit up. =)

As for Aleia, her belly was back to normal size when we went to Temple and it's been the same ever since. At least she doesn't ever seem in pain. I can imagine how uncomfortable she must be when it's all bloated, but she never gets fussy. She's a trooper!

Ashlynn update: This is her last week of day care. We've decided to give her a break from "school" before she starts "big girl school" (a.k.a. kindergarten). She's going to stay home with Gamma and help take care of Aleia. I was telling her that this morning as I dropped her off at daycare. She looked at me and asked "Because Gamma doesn't know how to take care of Aleia?" hahaha! I just told her that Gamma would need her help.

Overall, Ash is a really good helper. I haven't tested to see if she can change a diaper yet, but Ash is there for almost every one....handing diapers, talking to Aleia, etc. And, Aleia is the first thing she looks for every morning when she gets up. Ahhh if this love of the little sister will only last....in a few more years, I might get to sleep in on the weekends if Ash just wants her little sister and not her mommy! =)

As for me, I'm going back to work next week. It's been the longest and shortest maternity leave ever. The first 5 weeks were spent running back and forth from the hospital(s), and the past 5 weeks have been the traditional newborn-in-the-house life adjustment. It will be sad for me to leave Aleia and go back to work, but at least she will be staying at home with my mom instead of going into daycare. We are fortunate that my mom has decided to do this for us. It is an adjustment and sacrifice for many people, but one that has a big payoff. So, thank you for everyone who is giving up something so Aleia doesn't have to go to daycare.

No comments:

ShareThis