Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back in the saddle.....

August 27, 2008


OK. So it’s been wa-aay too long since this thing was updated. So long that I am not sure I can even recap what has transpired. So I will ramble on for a bit and hope I cover the high points. Let’s see…….Well Aleia hit her 3 month old birthday just a few days ago. We had a small party due to Ashlynn’s planning. So there are a few photos of that. Also, both of the girls’ rooms have been completed. Tami tried to see how many different ways that she could arrange Ashlynn’s room before she finally settled on one. I don’t think Ash really cared a whole lot. It took her about 2 weeks to actually start sleeping in there. Granted she is sleeping under her loft bed on the old futon mattress. Not up on top on her new high dollar wool organic mattress that we bought her so long ago (like at least a year). So she sleeps underneath, which I suppose is still pretty cool for a kid. Kinda like sleeping in a tent all the time. Oh well at least she stays in there. Uhm….much to my personal dismay and sadness, Ashlynn started kindergarten this week. I only say that due to the fact that in my opinion, she is growing up extremely too fast. I keep joking I am going to make her sleep in the freezer, just to keep her from growing up any more. She always says “You’re crazy daddy.” Too funny. But she also reminds me of all the other times in the future that will come way too soon. Today at dinner she was talking about how… “5 graders go to a different school because they are bigger. And 6 graders too. And even 10 graders. I will be a 10 grader really soon.” To which I replied about how that was a long time away. To which she then replied. “Daddy’s gonna be REALLY sad when I am a 10 grader.” Oh so true. Well at this point anyway. Maybe at some point I will become numb to the aging process of my children. But I doubt it. I am certainly not numb to my own. She is in the dual language program here in CS and will soon be teaching Tami Spanish. Tami and I both hope she takes to this program and it could serve her well in her future. But for now, she is just learning new school stuff and getting acquainted with new friends. I was a little worried about her, but she seems to be doing fine. She is so outspoken and outgoing at home in her comfort zone, but at times she seems to “shy up” around unfamiliar places and situations. But she is doing well and I am sure will be running kindergarten pretty soon!
More….. Aleia got her first set of “real” shots around the first of August. Guess who got to take her all by himself? You guessed it. So that was a little rough on ol’ Dad. But she took it pretty good and only really cried when they actually were poking her. You would think that she was poked so many times in the first 6 weeks of her life she would be immune. Apparently not quite. But she was a strong little girl. Also as of last Tuesday, she was up to a whopping 7lbs 10oz. So she is averaging about 0.74 oz per day. So that is apparently acceptable. But maybe a bit on the low side of expected gains. But no one is alarmed at any of this, which I can only take as good.
Tami had to start work the first week of August. It has not been real easy for her. I think, at times, it is much harder that she thought. But we all have to make due. She still says she is waiting on me to make all of this money and fulfill my financial potential. The reason she married me in the first place! Ha! So she has stayed pretty busy with work for this month. Actually pretty crazy since it was all the “school’s gonna start” junk that people seem to leave to the last minute. As for me, I just keep driving all over the state chasing projects and trying to keep up with the ones I have going. But work is pretty good.
So photos below from the last month. Maybe I won’t wait so long next time. This long diatribe definitely has to take longer than several short ones……………







No comments:

ShareThis