Friday, May 30, 2008

A little more room to move.....

MAY 29 2008

Thursday

Well today was a tough day for me. I did not get to see Aleia almost all day. I had to go to work and try to start catching up on all the things that were pushed aside. But the world keeps turning and people still want their stuff completed. So I had to go to work and then drive to Dallas for a meeting. And then drive back home. I got in around 12:30 am and finally got to stop by and see my baby girl before I went to bed. It was, of course, the high point of the day.

She is doing very well. Her jaundice levels had dropped enough that she is free from her tanning lights. This is just wait and see for now. If here levels increase again she may have to go back to tanning. But for now, she is spotlight free. So that is a small step forward. Also she got to loose her IV. So she is down to a minimal amount of tubes and cords. That is also very nice. And this is also a wait and see event. If she needs it, they will put one back in. But for now she is just progressing well. Due to these tow facts, she is now able to wear some little clothes. She has a teeny tiny onesie. So that is cute. And nice to see her looking more like a little girl and not just a naked little baby.

Tami is doing well but still pretty weak. She of course tries to do more than she should. But I can’t stop that from happening. So don’t try. I just tell her to slow down. But she just has her ups and downs as far as her energy level goes. She went to the doctor yesterday and her BP was good. So that is a nice thing to know. Her iron levels are really low and she is now taking additional iron supplements.

So progress on all fronts. And just a short update for yesterday and late last night…..a few shots of her in her new clothes.



No comments:

ShareThis