Where to start.....
Aleia had her 4 month well visit with Dr. Svendsen. She's 22" long and weighs 9 lbs 14 ozs. I'm rounding her up to 10 lbs now! =) She's a little fatty. I'm happy to report that she's finally on the growth chart for her actual age. Up until now, she's not been on it b/c she's so small. So, it's a huge improvement and proof that she's catching up. As for her "corrected age" Aleia is in the 25th percentile for weight, 50th percentile for height and head circumference. Whoop!! What hasn't been told is how darn cute she is these days! She's just the happiest, smiley-est baby ever. She hasn't laughed out loud yet, but it could be any day!
My nephew, Jack is visiting us for 2 weeks while Gary and Shanon are in Hawaii. No, I'm not jealous at all (sarcasm)! Ash is excited to have Jack here. We were worried that she wouldn't want to go to school b/c he's here, but it hasn't been a problem (yet). On Monday, Jack, Ash and I walked her to school, then Jack and I walked back to our house. The next morning, Jackster told Gamma that he didn't want to walk Ash to school anymore b/c it's "too far." For those of you who don't know, we live about a block and a half from the school. I guess it is a long way for a kid!
So, Ash finally did it. We knew it was just a matter of time before my barefoot girl stepped on a nail on our deck. I had Andrew and Gary (my brother) rip out part of it this spring as "motivation" to replace it. I picked the part that I thought was the worst (splinters and nails and such), but I didn't really look to closely at the other half. In reality, I thought that ripping it out would "motivate" us to get it fixed. Little did I know (or think through) how we were going to pay for it. No, we didn't find anything useful (like a trunk of money to pay to replace the deck)under the part we ripped out (just a skull of a small animal--maybe a dog?). Anyway, on Monday afternoon, Ash stepped on a nail, cut her foot, nearly hyperventilated, and has been limping around for the past couple of days....at least when she can remember which foot is hurt or until she's reminded that she can't go to dance class if her foot is hurt! =) Needless to say, her foot is fine. Now about that deck project........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How about some Halloween pictures of the girls?! Give the people what they want.
Post a Comment