Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Manipulation Queen of Everything

September 24 2008

Well this morning as Ashlynn and I walked into school, she told me she wanted me to come and pick her up after school......

Ash: "Daddy, can you please come pick up from school today and then take me back to your office?"

Me: “Well baby I have a lot of work to do today, but I can try."

Ash: “No daddy, you have to promise to come and pick me up and take me to your work. Promise me that now." (imagine a sweet pleading here)

Me: ”Well I will try very hard. I can come and get you, but may not be able to take you to my office. I can just take you home."

Ash: “Well ok. But I really want to go to your office."

Me: "We will see....."

OK. So not too drastic really. It seems innocent enough. Once I am back at home to pick up Tami, I tell her this little story. We discuss how sweet it is and how it makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Then she thinks about it for a bit and we realize that Ashlynn really wants to go to my office because she gets Animal Crackers from the vending machine when we are there. And guess what? We just happened to have run out of them at our house yesterday. Ashlynn ate the last little bag for a snack after school. So she was playing all nice, but really was just making a play with her appetite. Too funny. Now I am sure she wants to come up to my office because it's a different/fun place for her, but the real reason is more subtle. Animal Crackers!!!

Also yesterday she informed me that I did not know everything. I was expecting this to come much later in our relationship. She did, however, inform me that she does know everything. She knows cars, roads, houses, trees, sky, earth, and space! I was unable to disagree. She sure knows a lot! ;)

No comments:

ShareThis