Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Branding is amazing and quotables..

September 2 2008

Just a little note to post a few of the funny things that Ashlynn is up to these days.

So we are driving the other day to visit my parents and along the way there are some tractors and machinery along the road and in the fields. The following is how the conversation went down…..

Me: “Look at those tractors!”
Ash: “I see them Dad……But they are not Real tractors. Real tractors are only green!”

Tami and I had a pretty good laugh at that one. Mind you that it’s not like we own anything that has John Deere on it. Or that we spend much time around farm equipment in general. And I have not noticed this being pushed real hard on The Disney Channel or Noggin (another kid’s channel) lately. So somehow she gets to this. I mean marketing is just amazing. I have no idea where she gets this stuff. But at times it’s just truly astounding.

Also a few of her favorite quotes that could be thrown in at random during any normal conversation. And yet, all too often and at the seemingly appropriate times for such a response. (if you were a wise cracking smarty)

“Whatever Mom/Dad”
“You’re Crazy”
“You have got to be kidding me…..No you’re kidding”

And one I seem to be getting an abundance of lately….

“Whatever Dad…You’re Crazy”

Now you must imagine these phrases with all the sarcasm, flip and inflections of a 15 year old kid. But they are coming out of my five year old. I was sure this was wayyy out in the future. I can only imagine my pain in 10 years. They are amusing now, but I am sure less amusing in time when she really begins to mean those words…..ahh the joy.

And lastly a small summary of our Halloween plans….Cheerleader… Fairy…a pumpkin dress found in the Gymboree Store....a witch in an orange costume and hat...... And this has been all in the last 10 days. I am sure we will have more to choose from in the near future. And of course she sees these all as possibilities because Halloween is not just one day. It’s many.

No comments:

ShareThis